"The following is a student created blog regarding the history of the Petaluma Watershed. This blog is part of a series from students at Casa Grande participating in the Watershed Classroom with educators Paula Biancalana and Jolene Thinnes."
Hunt & Behrens was originally formed in 1921 by Carl N. Behrens and Marvin Hunt. Hunt & Behrens produced livestock feed and poultry supplies for the town of Petaluma and eventually the various communities within California. The company worked to produce quality products for a minimal cost to their buyers. In doing so, Hunt & Behrens had a positive impact on the agricultural community of California, they help the agricultural community grow and flourish. In addition, Hunt & Behrens continues to be a part of Petaluma’s history today. The company continues to manufacture its products today. It’s currently located at 30 Lakeville Street in downtown Petaluma. Although, it was originally located by First and C street back in the 1900’s along the Petaluma river, which allowed the company to use the river to receive and transport goods and other products.
By Lince Martin