"The following is a student created blog regarding the history of the Petaluma Watershed. This blog is part of a series from students at Casa Grande participating in the Watershed Classroom with educators Paula Biancalana and Jolene Thinnes."
The D Street Bridge and the Washington Street Bridge are both very essential to the town of Petaluma. They both provide much for the citizens and commuters. The bridges were built to grant access from the West side to the East side of town.Thanks to the bridges resources are allowed to be transported across the river. The Washington Street Bridge was built as a drawbridge, then changed in 1968 into a solid concrete bridge. The D Street Drawbridge was refurbished to the drawbridge we see now in 1933, it is raised and lowered using counterweights.
By Bennett Hulsman